Spicy Corn Salad is a zesty, spicy corn side that explodes with flavor in every bite. This delicious corn salad is loaded with southwestern flavors and a nice kick of heat.
If you’re looking for a dish that’s full of flavor and, to quote John Mellencamp, hurts so good, then this is the side dish for you! It’s a fantastic Tex Mex dish that you can serve with almost anything and is perfect for summertime gatherings or your next Taco Tuesday.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients to deliver big flavor.
- It’s super easy to make.
- It makes a great side for any party, barbecue, or Mexican dinner.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store to make this dish. There’s nothing fancy! See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Frozen corn
- Jalapeno – diced
- Red bell peppers – diced
- Celery – diced
- Fresh parsley – diced
- Green onions – chopped
- Parmesan cheese -grated
- Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Garlic – minced
- Lime juice
🔪 How to Make Spicy Corn Salad
This spicy corn salad is so easy to make, even beginners can do it. It’s simply a matter of mixing and chilling. That’s it!
Step 1: Defrost the Corn
Rinse the frozen corn and let it defrost for a few minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
Step 2: Combine the Vegetables
Combine the corn, peppers, celery, parsley, and green onions in a large bowl.
Step 3: Add the Remaining Ingredients
Stir the cheese, seasonings, Sriracha sauce, olive oil, garlic, and lime juice into the vegetables.
Step 4: Chill
Chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld, then serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Mild – For a mild version, omit the jalapenos and red pepper flakes.
- Cilantro – Try adding chopped cilantro to this salad.
- Sriracha Sauce – You can use Tabasco sauce in place of Sriracha sauce.
If you love the flavors in this Tex Mex corn salad recipe, then check out our grilled corn with cilantro lime butter.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
Refrigerate this Tex Mex corn salad for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Rinse the corn and let it defrost a bit, so it’s easy to combine with the other ingredients.
- The longer you let the corn salad chill, the more flavorful it will be.
- Serve this salad with chips, as a side, or with added meat to make a main dish.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Corn salad is a mixed vegetable salad made with raw corn and vegetables and served cold.
It sure is! Corn salad is made with vegetables and Sriracha sauce or Tobasco sauce. There are no heavy ingredients.
Add beef, pork, chicken, or even seafood to corn salad.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy corn? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Spicy Corn Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 large red bell peppers diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or tabasco
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice about 3 small limes
- Rinse the frozen corn and allow it to defrost for a few minutes while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the corn, peppers, celery, parsley and green onions.
- Add in the cheese, seasonings, Sriracha sauce, olive oil, garlic, and lime juice.
- Stir everything to toss until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors blend.