The Best Deviled Eggs are always creamy, super tasty and includes a secret ingredient that takes it over the top! Topped off with paprika they are always a hit!
Deviled eggs are not only the perfect appetizer but they are a great side dish. Let’s face it deviled eggs are a perfect food. Breakfast, lunch, snack, sides, appetizer… you just can’t go wrong with these babies. We normally have a batch of these in the fridge almost every week. Yes we love them!
Deviled eggs can be made so many ways. We have a few different recipes we like. This one has what we call our secret ingredient. this recipe came about when we were making our special egg salad one day and thought how delicious cream cheese would be in deviled eggs too. The cream cheese will give you a creamy subtle taste to your eggs. Just like in the egg salad, you won’t really be able to taste the cream cheese but you will know something is there and if you don’t use it there will be a huge difference in the flavor of the eggs. My family always says these are million dollar eggs! They are the best eggs! Ok we will take that.
I bet you have probably tried a few different deviled eggs recipes yourself that have been finger lickin’ good.
When making hard boiled eggs we use this way to cook them. It is fail proof. You place the eggs in a deep saucepan and cover with cold water by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover and remove from heat, and let stand 13 -14 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath until eggs are cold enough to peel by gently tapping on a paper towel to crack the shell and begin to peel. When making hard boiled eggs fresh eggs are best to use. I’m not talking right out of the chicken fresh but never use old eggs. They will be too hard to peel and you will get all dents in the egg. So the secret to peeling your eggs is to buy eggs that are fresh but not too fresh and peel them as soon as they are cool. This is what has worked for us anyways.
OTHER APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tbsp room temperature cream creese
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- paprika for dusting on top (optional)
How to cooking Your Eggs:
1. Place eggs in a large saucepan and with water so water covers eggs by about 1 inch.. Covered with lid
2. Place on stove top over high heat until water begins to boil. Once it starts to boil remove from heat.
3 . Allow to sit for 13-14 minutes and then drain and transfer to an ice bath.
4. Peel eggs and set aside.
How To Make Deviled Eggs:
1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
2. Remove yolks and transfer to a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Add mayonnaise, cream cheese, dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, and pepper until well combined. Taste filling and decide if you need to add salt.
4. Spoon filling into egg whites or use a pipping bag for filling. Dust with paprika if using.
If you have extra filling spread on crackers! So yummy