White Chicken Enchiladas
These White Chicken Enchiladas have a rich and creamy from scratch sauce that take them over the top not to mention their simplicity. Incredible comfort food in just minutes!
If you’re looking for super creamy cheesy, melt in your mouth enchiladas make this for dinner! Do you like it simple and delicious? We sure do and this has all that and more.
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas
Do you you ever crave comfort food? We do!! Yes we crave comfort food all the time. We try to eat healthy half the time so we can eat things that are creamy and cheesy like these white chicken enchiladas.
These enchiladas are SO amazing! My recipe for white chicken enchiladas is simple and totally fool proof cuz we don’t have time for anything else in our house. And if you’ve been reading our blog at all you know we try to make things as simple as possible!
We all know enchiladas come in all kinds of fillings and are topped in different sauces but this is our favorite white chicken enchilada. Now I know the original enchilada is made with red sauce but this white sauce is the bomb! So creamy rich cheesy good. We can seriously pour this sauce on almost anything. Oh wait I think we have!!!!!!
So are you on the hunt for an easy spectacular weeknight meal the whole family will go gaga for? Then give this meal a try. I bet if you do you will be making it over and over again!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe requires just a few ingredients. Trust me on this one its a simple easy peasy recipe and all you will need is chicken, shredded cheese, chicken broth, sour cream, diced green chiles, butter, flour tortillas and cilantro!
You can even prepare this the day before or in the morning just add the sauce over the top before your ready to put it in the oven. We do this often. We also like to serve extra sauce heated on the side because it’s just that good!
OTHER CHICKEN DISHES YOU MIGHT ENJOY!
White Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 8 in. flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13 in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together 1 cup of the cheese and the chicken. Spoon some of the mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down into prepared dish.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cook until thickened. Stir sour cream and green chiles. Pour over the top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving if desired.