Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta a go to comfort food the whole family will love. This pasta recipe is an easy to make delicious weeknight meal!
When time is short during the week this meal sure comes in handy. It is quick, easy, delicious and on the must make list. This Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta has just a few ingredients and all are always in our pantry or freezer.
Are you always looking for easy weeknight meals like we are?
We are always in search of simple meals that require just a few ingredients and we always have a supply of chicken breasts in our freezer. I stocked up last week again when they were on sale for 1.49 a lb.
We usually have a list of meals that are our go to meals that are quick and easy throw together meals for those night that we either don’t feel like cooking a big meal or just don’t have the time.
Can you use just chicken in this recipe if you don’t have ham available?
You sure can. Of course then you will be adjusting the flavor of the recipe a whole bunch but that’s ok! Feel free to adjust the amount of chicken or ham as you like.
This absolutely scrumptious yet simple meal is bound to become a go to favorite in your house as it has in ours. Feel free to adjust the amount of chicken or ham as you like.
Creamy , cheesy and smoky flavor from the ham this one pot wonder is so simple to throw together. When we make a spiral ham and have leftovers we wrap some up and toss some in the freezer just for dinners like this. The best thing about having an upright freezer is you almost never run out of anything. And you can buy things when they are on sale at great prices.
Back to this Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta , you can use any kind of pasta you like for this dish. We always tend to use noodles. We have used ziti and rotini also. You can’t go wrong with any pasta you choose. This is just a bowl of comfort food. We usually serve this with a tossed salad and some crusty bread and butter.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU PASTA:
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 large)
- 4 cups wide egg noodles (about 1/2 package)
- 1 26 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thyme, Salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces
2. Dice ham
3. In medium saute pan, heat olive oil and add chicken.
4. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic powder.
5. Cook until chicken is not longer pink.
6. Add diced ham and let cook another minute.
7. In large pot, cook egg noodles according to package. Do not overcook.
8. Drain noodles and return to pot.
9. Add the chicken/ham , cream of chicken soup, milk, and cheese to the pot.
10. Stir until well incorporated and cook over low heat until soup is hot and cheese is melted.
11. Serve with additional cheese and enjoy!