This Bacon Wrapped Pineapple is full of sweet and savory flavors to satisfy anyone’s tastebuds. Sweet pineapple is wrapped in smoky bacon. Then, it’s smothered in a tangy blend of BBQ sauce, sriracha sauce, honey, and more.
We love bacon, and we love pineapple. So we decided to put them together for this delicious appetizer. The results? Amazing. The simplicity? Fantastic? Should you make it? YES!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of ingredients that are readily available at any grocery store.
- It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- The sweet pineapple, smoky bacon, and BBQ sauce are perfect together.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The ingredient list for this recipe is incredibly simple. You’ll only need a few ingredients, and you’ll find them all at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Bacon – cut in half
- BBQ sauce
- Ginger paste
- Soy sauce
- Pineapple juice
- Brown sugar
- Sriracha sauce
🔪 How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
Making this recipe is a breeze. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. Anyone can make it!
Step 1: Bake the Bacon
Place the cut slices of bacon on a rack over a baking sheet. Then, bake for 5 minutes at 375. Flip and bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes.
Step 2: Wrap the Pineapple
Wrap a piece of bacon around each chunk of pineapple and secure with a toothpick.
Step 3: Bake Again
Bake the bacon wrapped pineapple for 20 minutes at 275.
Step 4: Make the Sauce
Combine the BBQ sauce, ketchup, ginger paste, soy sauce, honey, pineapple juice, and sriracha sauce in a bowl.
Step 5: Coat the Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
Brush the bacon wrapped pineapple well with the BBQ mixture. Then, sprinkle with brown sugar.
Step 6: Bake
Bake the bacon and pineapple a final time for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add a little cayenne or red pepper flakes to the BBQ sauce.
- Pineapple – Try using chunks of mango or papaya in place of pineapple.
- BBQ Sauce – Use any brand and variety of BBQ sauce you like.
If you think these look good, you’ll love our bacon wrapped BBQ chicken bites.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Baking rack
- Mixing bowl
Store these pineapple bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.
- Bake your bacon just long enough to partially cook it. You want it pliable so you can wrap it around the pineapple.
- Be sure you coat all sides of the bacon wrapped pineapple with a liberal coating of BBQ sauce for the best flavor.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
You can. In fact, if you use canned pineapple, you can use the drained juice for the BBQ sauce mixture.
If you cooked your bacon for too long, it will get too firm to easily wrap. It still might be doable, but it will be much harder.
You can, and it will be delicious. You just won’t get as much depth of flavor.
📌 PIN IT!!
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy pineapple? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Skillet Pineapple Chicken
- Old Fashioned Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Rum Punch with Mango
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- baking sheet
- cooling rack
- bbq brush
- small bowl
- 1 Fresh pineapple peeled and sliced into pieces
- 1 pound Bacon cut in half
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cut slices of bacon on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, flip over, and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute or two.
- Wrap a piece of pineapple in each piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the bbq sauce, ketchup, ginger paste, soy sauce, honey, pineapple juice and sriracha sauce to a bowl, and whisk to combine well.
- Remove the pineapple from the oven, and brush well with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the pineapple with the brown sugar.
- Return the pineapple to the oven, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply