Baked Cabbage– Such a simple side dish with so much flavor. I’m always looking for new ways to fix vegetables. This was a winner!
Baked Cabbage is So delicious! We love cabbage pretty much any way you cook it. Boiled being the least of the ways but I will take it that way too. One of our favorite ways is making Baked Cabbage Steaks .
This time we decided to chop it up and bake it in the oven. We added some spices and it came out so delicious. doing it this way also doesn’t smell out your house like boiling cabbage can. Baked Cabbage is one of our go to vegetable side dishes now.
This is kind of a fool proof recipe that turns out perfect every singe time. Spoon it over a big slice of buttered cornbread and it’s a meal in itself.
Yummy.. try this delicious side dish!!
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Course: Reader Favorite, Sides
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- Chop cabbage into chunks and separate them.
- Place the cabbage in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Cut the butter into 4 pieces and place around on top of the cabbage. Pour in the water and then sprinkle with the sea salt, pepper, sugar.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake uncovered for an additional 20 minutes or until your desired tenderness.