Blueberry Heaven on Earth Cake is a delicious, classic cake that is sure to become a favorite in your home. This cake has all of the makings of a heavenly dessert, but it doesn’t take long to prepare.
What’s even better is that if you use a store-bought angel food cake then you don’t even have to worry about turning on the oven and heating up the house. Which happens to be our favorite way to make a dessert in the summer.
If you love light and delicious blueberry desserts that are perfect for warm days, then you may also enjoy this Blueberry Meringue recipe.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This cake is light and airy, yet full of flavor.
- It’s the perfect balance of sweet blueberries and fluffy cake that will make your mouth water.
- Whether you serve it for an afternoon treat or a special occasion, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
To make this easy heaven on earth cake recipe, you will need a few simple ingredients. If you want to save a little time in the kitchen swing by the bakery department to pick up a pre-made Angel food cake to make this a no-bake dessert.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Angel food cake
- Blueberry pie filling
- Cool Whip thawed
- Sliced almonds
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Blueberry Heaven on Earth Cake
Making this heaven on earth cake recipe is so simple. Just follow the instructions in the recipe card below and you will have a delicious dessert that’s perfect for summer in no time at all.
Step 1: Add half of the cake to the baking dish
Layer half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2: Add the blueberry layer
Spread ⅔ of the blueberry pie filling over the top of the cake pieces.
Step 3: Add the remaining cake pieces
Place the remaining cake pieces into the baking dish.
Step 4: Make the pudding mixture
In a mixing bowl, combine the instant pudding mix, milk, and sour cream until smooth. Pour the pudding mixture over the top of the cake layer.
Step 5: Top the cake
Top with the cool whip. Add then, add dollops of the remaining pie filling to the top of the cake.
Step 6: Swirl the top of the cake
Use the tip of a butter knife to swirl the filling into the topping slightly. And then. sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.
Step 7: Chill before serving
Chill for 4-5 hours before serving.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Fruits: Substitute different fruits for the blueberry pie filling.
- Cream cheese: Add a layer of cream cheese between the cake and the pudding mixture.
- Toppings: Experiment with different toppings, such as chopped pecans, fresh blueberries, or chocolate chips.
If you love sweet blueberry desserts that are easy to make, you may also enjoy this Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe.
You only need a couple of kitchen tools to help you make this sweet treat. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this refreshing dessert recipe.
- 9×13 baking dish
- large bowl
- butter knife or spatula
Store the wet ingredients (lettuce, tomato, onion) separately from the dry ingredients (buns) in the fridge, and recombine when ready. Good for 2-3 days.
These ingredients don’t stand up well to freezing.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that this recipe turns out perfectly for you every time you make them.
- Use a pre-made angel food cake to save time and energy in the kitchen.
- If you are making a homemade angel food cake, make sure that it cools completely before you use it for this dessert.
- For easy spreading thaw your whipped topping so it’s creamy and not icy.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Unfortunately, this cake does not freeze well. The texture of the cake will become soggy after thawing.
Yes! Feel free to substitute your favorite type of fruit pie filling for the blueberry in this recipe.
Yes, you will need to refrigerate this cake before serving. Refrigerating it for 4-5 hours allows the pudding mixture time to set and gives the cake its signature creamy texture.
🍽 More Blueberry Recipes
Do you enjoy blueberries, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Blueberry Heaven on Earth Cake
- 9×13 baking dish
- mixing bowls
- butter knife or spatula
- 3.4 ounces Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1 Prepared Angel food cake cut into cubes
- 21 ounces Blueberry pie filling
- 16 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- ¼ cup Sliced almonds
- Layer half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Spread ⅔ of the blueberry pie filling over the top of the cake pieces.
- Place the remaining cake pieces into the baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant pudding mix, milk and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the top of the cake layer.
- Top with the cool whip.
- Add dollops of the remaining pie filling to the top of the cake.
- Use the tip of a butter knife to swirl the filling into the topping slightly.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top.
- Chill for 4-5 hours before serving.