Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole
This Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole is simple and easy to make. It’s full of delicious bacon and cheese and is certain to be a treat to your taste buds!
We are always looking for a great casserole dish that we can enjoy for a hearty weeknight meal. Throughout all our years of cooking, this is one of our absolute favorite meals.
There’s just something amazing about the combination of cheese, noodles, and chicken (plus all the other ingredients) that will make this meal a new household staple. Seriously this is drool worthy!!
Perfect for parties, carry-in dinners or as a great family meal, everyone will love the taste of this dish, despite the silly and crazy name.
Can you remove the pasta from this Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole?
If you want to, you can. Just know that it will be runnier without the pasta and will change the texture a bit as well. The pasta makes it more filling and expands while cooking so it gives this casserole a heartier taste and feel for sure. If you want to make this low carb or Keto add cauliflower instead of the pasta!
Simple to prepare and much can be done ahead of time too! Cook the bacon, vegetables, chicken and save the cheese sauce and pasta for last. So simple!!
Can you use cooked chicken for this recipe instead of uncooked chicken?
You can. And honestly, it will save you a bunch of time as well. Head to the store and pick up a cooked rotisserie chicken or you can even use leftover chicken from another recipe. Just eliminate the step of cooking the chicken if you’re using white meat that is already cooked.
What other types of cheeses would go well with this Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole?
Honestly, whatever type of cheese you want. If you like spice, add in some pepper jack or habanero for a kick. Otherwise, stick to your staples of cheddar, Colby jack or even mozzarella and add it generously to the dish!
When it comes to creating this delicious meal, don’t skimp on the ingredients! This dish is meant to pack a punch of flavor and taste and the list of ingredients needed to just that. I have a heavy hand with cheese and bacon and I’ve never heard any complaints!
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these other great options as well:
This Cheesy Crack Chicken Casserole is simple and easy to make. It's full of delicious bacon and cheese and is certain to be a treat to your taste buds!
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 12 slices applewood-smoked bacon, cooked diced into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
lbs. uncooked chicken cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pkg Dry Ranch Mix optional
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1. Preheat over 375 degrees F and cook noodles to package directions
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat. Move to a plate and set aside.
3. Cook bell pepper, onion, and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fragrant. Move to a bowl and set aside
4. Melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 2 minutes before slowly adding in milk. Add in ranch mix, cream cheese, and cream of chicken soup and stir until combined. Stir in 3 cups of cheddar cheese until incorporated.
5. Remove from heat. Stir together cooked noodles, chicken, vegetables and cheese sauce. Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan and top with remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is fully melted, about 25 to 30 minutes. Add crispy bacon on top. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can add some of the bacon in the casserole if you like but we like our bacon super crispy so always just add it on top.