Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Cake
This Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Cake Recipe is light, refreshing and best of all… NO BAKE!! Just a few ingredients and your on your way to deliciousness.
Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Cake will become one of your go to summer dessert recipes! No bake desserts require such little effort and deliver big on flavor. No bake cakes are great any time of year but especially in the summer months when fresh fruits are at their sweetest.
This cherry cheesecake icebox cake is super simple to make. You will always get rave reviews when you bring this cake to a BBQ, potluck or family gathering.
Can’t find the sweetest cherries at the market? Use strawberries or blueberries. You can’t go wrong with either one. Or mix all three berries if you like!
How do you put this icebox cake together?
To start, you will need graham crackers. You can use any type you like. I used honey graham crackers for this recipe. You want to use as many full sheets of graham crackers as you can, but you will have to break up a few to fit in the pan. Pit, destem, and cut cherries in half. You are basically just going to layer everything after you make the whipping cream and pudding .
I’ve included some pictures so you can see what what to do and of course it is all in the recipe below.
This recipe could not be any easier. The hardest part is pitting the cherries but I think it’s worth it. Yes we have made this cake with strawberries and blueberries but favor the cherries when they are sweet, plump and in season. You can also freeze fresh cherries after you have pitted them. They aren’t quite the same as fresh but we find them to have a better flavor than the ones you buy already frozen. So are you going to make this Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Cake? If you do, let us know what you think of it. We hope you enjoy!!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
This Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Cake is light, refreshing and best of all... NO BAKE!! Just a few ingredients and your on your way to deliciousness.
- 12-14 whole graham crackers
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1.7 oz. box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 30-40 fresh cherries
1. Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, combine heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat until stiff. Set aside.
2. Beat the cream cheese and vanilla extract until creamy and blended. Fold half of the whipped cream into the cream cheese gently until combined. Set aside.
3. Mix together the milk and pudding mix. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
4. In an 8x8 baking dish, line with 4 graham crackers in a single layer, breaking/slicing as needed to fit. I found that using a serrated steak knife cut cleanly without breaking into pieces. Next, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly. Add cherries cut side down in rows on the cream cheese mixture.
5. Layer more graham crackers on top. Now, add pudding and spread evenly. Place one more layer of graham crackers on the pudding.
6. Top with whipped cream and spread evenly.
7. Cover and refrigerate overnight for best results (or at least 6 hours).