This Cherry Coke Shot Recipe is sweet and tropical, so easy to make, and the perfect addition to any party any time of year. The spiced flavor of Malibu rum combines with Coca-Cola and cherry Jello. Yummo!
As you might have noticed, we think Jello shots are a great addition to any party. Well, we have another one today that we think you’ll love. These Jello shots taste like Cherry Coke with a kick of rum.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes four ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in no time.
- It’s a sweet Jello shot the wonderfully spiced flavor of rum.
You’ll find everything you need to make these super easy shots at your local grocery store. If your store doesn’t have a liquor section, any liquor store will have the rum. See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Cherry Jello
- Coca Cola
- Malibu Rum
- Maraschino Cherries with stems
🔪 How to Make This Cherry Coke Shot Recipe
It only takes a few minutes to make these easy shots. The hardest part of the recipe is waiting for them to set overnight.
Step 1: Dissolve the Jello
Bring the water to a boil in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the Jello, and stir to dissolve.
Step 2: Add Coca-Cola and Cool
When the Jello is dissolved, add the Coca-Cola. Then, let the mixture cool to room temperature.
Step 3: Add Rum
When the Jello mixture has cooled, add the Malibu Rum and stir well to mix.
Step 4: Pour and Chill
Place the shot glasses on a cookie sheet that will fit into the refrigerator. Pour or ladle the Jello shot mixture into the glasses, then chill them overnight to set. Serve with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Coca-Cola – You can use any dark pop like Pepsi, Dr Pepper, or RC for this recipe.
- Cherry Jello – You can use lime Jello and a wedge of lime for garnish in place of cherry.
- Malibu Rum – Use your favorite rum for this recipe.
For even more sweet Coca-cola flavor, try this Crock Pot Coca-Cola cake.
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spoon
- Shot glasses
Store these Cherry Coke Jello shots in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Be sure the Jello is completely dissolved before adding the Coca-Cola.
- Let the Coca-Cola Jello mixture cool to room temperature before adding the rum.
- Be sure you check that your cookie sheet will fit into the fridge before adding all of your shots to it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Malibu Rum is a coconut-flavored liqueur made with Caribbean rum.
It has a sweet, fruity flavor, along with the signature spiced rum flavor and a finish of coconut and almond.
Yes. If you add too much alcohol, the Jello won’t set.
Jello shots don’t get you drunker just by virtue of how they’re made. Instead, their sweet flavor can make some of the alcohol flavor, causing you to accidentally consume more alcohol than you realized.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Jello shots? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Cherry Coke Shots
- medium saucepan
- Shot glasses
- 6 ounces Cherry Jello mix
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1 cup Malibu Rum
- 1 Jar of Maraschino Cherries – with the Stems
- In a heavy medium size Sauce Pan, bring the water to a boil, remove from heat, and add Jello to the water.
- Stir to dissolve the Jello.
- When the Jello is dissolved, add the Coca Cola.
- Let the Jello cool to room temperature, then add the Malibu Rum, and stir well to mix.
- Place the Shot Glasses on a cookie sheet that will fit in the refrigerator, and pour, or ladle the Jello into the Shot Glasses. Place in the refrigerator overnight to set.
- Before serving, add a Maraschino Cherry in the center of the Shot.
- Serve, and Enjoy!