Cherry Oreo Icebox Cake
This Cherry Oreo Icebox Cake is an easy to make over the top no bake dessert that is sure to become a favorite!
Holy Moly, this Cherry Oreo Icebox Cake is unlike any dessert you’ve ever had. Not only does it have that refreshing cherry taste but it also has the flavor and crunch of Oreo, too.
Wondering where this dessert has been your entire life? Don’t worry, know that we’re sharing the recipe you’ll never have to go without again!
And we haven’t even mentioned the best part. You don’t even have to turn on your oven to make this tasty treat.
Just adding in a few ingredients, letting the freezer do a bit of work, and then diving in to enjoy every single bite. This dessert is simply amazing.
This is really a delicious dessert. It’s so cool and light, and the crunchy Oreo’s with the cherry pie filling are like cold cherry chocolates with a crunch.
You are going to love this recipe, and so will everyone else. It’s really simple to make, and you can make it ahead, so it’s ready when you’re ready to serve it. This is definitely one for the favorites!
Everyone knows we LOVE our No Bake desserts! What is not to love? They are perfect for summer when it is so hot you certainly don’t want to turn your oven on. But also great for any time of year because they are so easy to throw together and always delicious.
When it’s hot out and you need a dessert.. go for a no bake dessert!
No Bake desserts always seem to be no fail desserts for us. Not only are they delicious but they save on time since they are always simple it seems. And always the first to go at potlucks and family gatherings.
This icebox cake is always a hit with it’s Oreo’s! Everyone loves them but especially the kids.
Why is it called an icebox cake?
Since the recipe doesn’t call for any cooking and only placing in the freezer, having a name like Icebox Cake just seems to be right. This means that you make it by simply putting it into your “icebox” or freezer.
Years ago icebox cakes were just chocolate wafers and frosting. As the frosting stayed on the wafers they became soft and formed a “cake”. we have come a long way baby! So many different ways to make icebox cakes now.
How long can you keep this simple dessert in your freezer?
Since it’s made with the freezer being a key part, it’s safe to say that you’ll be fine having this dessert in your freezer for several days. As long as you keep it covered and sealed, it will taste amazing, fresh, and delicious.
Can you use other fruit flavors for this freezer dessert?
You can. You can try using strawberries or blueberries as well. The only thing that you’d need to alter in the recipe is to change out the fruit. Everything else should be able to remain the same without worry.
Experiment with the different fruits and see what one you like the best. It’s a fun and simple way to make the dessert taste different every single time you make it.
Have fun creating this delicious Cherry Oreo Icebox Cake. It’s literally one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make.
OTHER DESSERTS YOU WILL LOVE:
Cherry Oreo Icebox Cake
- 1 Box of Double Chocolate OREO's about 32 Oreos) – Regular white stuffed Oreos work as well
- 2 3.4 oz boxes of Cheesecake pudding
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Coffee Mate French Vanilla creamer
- 1 can 21 oz of Cherry Pie filling – Divided – see instructions
- Chocolate graham cracker crumbs – 2 cups
- 8 oz container of Cool whip
- Line the bottom of a 9 X 9 dish with the chocolate Oreo's.
- In a bowl, mix the 2 boxes of Cheesecake pudding with the heavy cream, and coffee creamer. Stir well until pudding is well blended.
- Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture on top of bottom layer of Oreos.
- Place another layer of Oreos on top of the Cheesecake Pudding mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of the Cherry Pie Filling to the remaining of your pudding mixture still in your mixing bowl, and stir to blend.
- Pour on top of Oreo's, and sprinkle, generously with chocolate graham cracker crumbs. Place dish in refrigerator until pudding sets, about 1 hour.
- Mix cool whip and 1/4 cup of Cherry Pie Filling together until well blended. Place on top of graham cracker crumbs, smooth evenly, and place in freezer for 30 minutes to chill cool whip.
- Remove from freezer, and spoon remaining Cherry Pie Filling evenly on top of chilled cool whip.
- Place back in the freezer for 2 hours, to completely set. Remove from freezer to refrigerator, and leave in refrigerator overnight for best results. Cut in 3 X 3 (9) pieces, serve, and Enjoy!