Creamy Crescent Chicken Bake- An easy and delicious weeknight meal the whole family will love!
My family loves this recipe. You know when everyone asks to put this on the weekly rotation that it has got to be a favorite. I love it because its so simple and easy. I always have extra cooked chicken in my freezer.
When I make a roasted chicken we always have leftovers so I put it in little freezer bags for recipes like this. So I usually have a bunch of little bags of leftover roasted in my freezer at any given time.
I can come in really handy though. Not just for this recipe but for a quick Chicken Ala King or Chicken Pot Pie or anything else that requires chicken. It sames me the time it take to poach chicken breast.
You can also make this lower calorie and lower points if your doing Weight Watchers by using reduced fat crescent rolls and reduced fat cream cheese and shredded cheese.
- 1 can of crescent rolls (8 count regular )
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 oz cream cheese ( softened )
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk or half and half (using soup can)
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare soup, using milk instead of water, and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, chicken and cheese in a bowl
- Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken mixture into each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling.
- Place in a 9×13 baking dish. Pour soup in baking dish allowing just a bit to go over rolls.
- Bake uncovered for 35 mins.