Cupid’s Cocktail hits the mark every time. Combining strawberry and white rum, grenadine, and lemon-lime soda, this fizzy little number is full of flavor, a boozy kick, and a great Valentine’s Day color.
Aren’t all parties better with a festive cocktail to sip on? We’re going to assume you all agree with us. Well, if you’re planning a Valentine’s Day party, then you need to put this cocktail on the menu. It packs a healthy punch, and the color is perfect for the holiday. But, we love it so much we make it all year long!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s so easy to make and only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s fruity and fizzy.
- It has the perfect look for the holiday.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this super-easy recipe. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Strawberry rum
- White rum
- Lemon-lime soda
🔪 How to Make Cupid’s Cocktail
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. In just 5 minutes, you’ll have a delicious cocktail.
Step 1: Mix the Drink
Add ice and all cocktail ingredients to a shaker and shake lightly.
Step 2: Strain
Strain into a glass.
Step 3: Serve
Garnish with strawberries and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or banana peppers
- Deluxe – add guacamole, crispy onions or
- Kid friendly – add crushed potato chips (ketchup chips!)
If you think this looks good, check out our other Valentine’s-themed love potion cocktail.
You need almost nothing to make this super easy cocktail.
- Cocktail shaker or mason jar
The only place you should store these is in your belly. Seriously, a prominent ingredient is soda, and once it goes flat the cocktails just aren’t the same.
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a lidded jar such as a mason jar to shake up your cocktail.
- Use any brand of rum you like, just remember that quality spirits make a quality cocktail.
Do you have questions about this cupid’s cocktail recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This requires a shaker or container with a lid, so it’s hard to make more than one at a time.
It’s middle of the road. It does have 3 kinds of alcohol, but it’s also diluted with quite a bit of lemon-lime soda.
No. They just make it easier to get drunk because they come in flavors that can mask some of the alcohol flavor.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cocktails? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- wine glass
- 1 ounce Strawberry rum
- 1 ounce White rum
- 1.5 ounces Grenadine
- 1¼ cup Lemon lime soda
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in all the ingredients.
- Shake lightly.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with strawberries or a cherry.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you do not have a cocktail shaker, you can use two glasses, one slightly smaller than the other.
- Pour the ingredients into the larger glass and place the open end of the smaller glass into the second. (I would recommend a plastic cup for the smaller cup.)
- Make sure to tap the top to ensure there is a seal. Shake lightly and remove the top cup.
- If the seal seems hard to break, tap the side of the glasses where the seal is formed.
- A third alternative for the shaker is to use a cup or jar that has a lid (such as a mason jar).