This Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu is an easy dinner that is full of cheesy goodness. Layers of chicken, ham, cheese, and stuffing turn this tasty meal into a family favorite without a lot of effort in the kitchen.
We love to use the slow cooker for dinners on busy days when we are balancing work and family needs. This dish is a great way to make sure everyone gets a filling meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
So, gather your family around the table and get ready to enjoy this slow cooker twist on a comfort food classic on a busy night.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s incredibly easy to prepare which means that it’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- A delicious cheesy flavor that even the picky eaters will enjoy.
- A comforting meal for the whole family that is filling and comforting.
You will need a few simple ingredients to make this slow cooker recipe. Gather these ingredients at your local grocery store and get ready to enjoy this simple dinner with your entire family.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- diced ham
- swiss cheese
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- stuffing mix
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
Making this delicious slow cooker chicken recipe is so simple. Just follow these steps below or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post to enjoy this delicious meal with your family.
Step 1: Add the chicken, ham, and cheese to the slow cooker
In your slow cooker add your chicken breasts. And then top with the ham and cheese.
Step 2: Make the sauce
Mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. And, then spread that all over the top of the chicken, ham, and cheese.
Step 3: Top with stuffing
Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the sauce mixture. And then, drizzle the water over the stuffing mix.
Step 4: Cook until the chicken is tender
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Vegetables – If you want to beef this casserole up a little bit you can add some mushrooms and onions to your casserole.
- Cheese – If you are not a fan of swiss cheese, you can use your favorite type of cheese like Monterey jack or even pepper jack for a little bit of heat.
- Soup – Not a fan of cream of chicken soup? Switch it out for cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup.
If you love chicken cordon bleu then next time you may want to give this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta a try.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this easy recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this slow cooker chicken recipe with your whole family.
- 6 quart or larger slow cooker
- medium bowl
- measuring cup
Storage – Leftover chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and is safe to eat for 2-3 days.
Reheating – When you are ready to reheat your leftovers, place them in a covered baking dish and heat in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that this slow cooker casserole turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- Feel free to use whatever flavor of stuffing that you have on hand or that your family enjoys.
- You can use deli ham, diced ham, or even leftover ham from the holidays.
- If you want a crispier topping, then remove the lid of your slow cooker during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- If the casserole seems a little dry when you are reheating add a little water or chicken broth while you are reheating for additional liquid.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can put raw chicken in the slow cooker. Just be sure to cook it until it reaches 165 degrees f internally.
No, you don’t need to worry about browning the chicken before you add it to the slow cooker.
I prefer to cook chicken on low, it helps prevent the chicken from being tough.
🍽 More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker chicken recipes? If so, try these delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu
- slow cooker
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound ham diced
- 8 ounces swiss cheese chopped
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces stuffing mix whatever you flavor you prefer
- ½ cup water
- In your slow cooker add your chicken breasts.
- Top with the ham and cheese.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup and sour cream.
- Spread that all over the top of the chicken, ham and cheese.
- Sprinkle the stuffing mix over the sauce mixture.
- Drizzle the water over the stuffing mix.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or high 4 hours.