No Bake Italian Cake
This No Bake Italian Cake is like heaven in your mouth!!! With it’s creamy pineapple filling layered between Nilla wafers and a creamy whipped topping and coconut. It’s just that good!!!
No Bake Italian Cake has a creamy pineapple filling sandwiched between wafers and topped off with whipped topping and yummy coconut. This easy no-bake dessert will have them coming back for seconds!
When I first decided to make this cake I was thinking it wasn’t going to be such a great recipes. It was just too simple. Simple recipes I have found turn out to be the best ones!
We try to cook pretty easy every day kinds of food because quite frankly we just don’t have time for fancy in our every day life.
How to make this no bake cake:
- Layer the bottom of 9×13 dish with Vanilla Wafers.
- Mix in a bowl the lemon juice and condensed milk, then add the pineapples and mix all together.
- Pour this over the vanilla wafers in the dish.
- Add another layer of the Vanilla Wafers on top of the pineapple mix.
- Top with cool whip, and coconut and cherries.
- Refrigerate overnight.
At first I also wondered how this was going to set up without being too “wet” but the vanilla wafers did a fine job soaking up the pineapple and sweetened condensed milk mixture. After all there are so many icebox cakes made with puddings and fruits that sit on graham crackers right?! We love icebox cakes btw! Here are a couple of favorites. Cherry Cheesecake Icebox Dessert and Lemon Icebox Cake .
This No Bake Cake is seriously delicious!
Where did this cake get it’s name?
I honestly don’t know where No Bake Italian Cake got it’s name. I really don’t see anything Italian about it.
Being Italian myself I would think I would recognize something Italian about it but nope not a thing lol. I guarantee this cake is not Italian! In any case I wouldn’t care what they call this cake. It is really delicious.
If you’re not a fan of coconut, chopped pecans can be substituted. There are really no set amounts for either just use as much or as little as you want. We have made it both ways.
We have a couple of friends that don’t care for coconut so use nuts when they are involved in a gathering. Either way this cake is delicious but I must say it id prettier with the coconut. I quess because the cherries stand out more.
OTHER DESSERTS YOU WILL LOVE:
No Bake Italian Cake
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package sweetened coconut
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 small jar cherries
- 1 cup pecans, optional
- Layer the bottom of 9x13 dish with Vanilla Wafers
- Mix in a bowl the lemon juice and condensed milk, then add the pineapples and mix all together
- Pour this over the vanilla wafers in the dish
- Add another layer of the Vanilla Wafers on top of the pineapple mix
- Then top with cool whip, and coconut and cherries
- Refrigerate overnight
- Serve and Enjoy!