This Orange Cream Shake recipe is a delicious creamy treat for any time of day. Packed with flavors of sweet oranges and creamy vanilla, these shakes will make you feel like you are indulging in an orange creamsicle straight from the ice cream truck. Make this orange shake for your family today!
These shakes are easy to make and all you need are a few basic ingredients a few minutes to make this creamy and refreshing homemade milkshake recipe.
I don’t know about you but Rob and I love making shakes at home. And this orange creamsicle shake is our go-to shake recipe when we are craving something sweet.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This shake is perfect for those days when you are craving something sweet and creamy.
- The great thing about this easy milkshake recipe is that you can easily adjust the flavors to your taste, make it thicker or thinner, and enjoy a delicious treat in no time!
- Plus, it’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day
To make these creamy orange shakes you will need a few simple ingredients. One great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to worry about expensive ingredients. All of these are budget-friendly so you don’t have to spend a lot of money at the grocery store.
- orange soda
- vanilla ice cream
- orange sherbet
- whipped cream for topping
- orange slice and cherry for garnish – optional
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Orange Cream Shake Recipe
Making these orange creamsicle shakes is so easy. Just follow the step-by-step directions here or check out the full recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. You will have a delicious and refreshing treat in no time at all.
Step 1: Add the ingredients to the blender
Pour 11/2 cup of orange soda into a blender. And, then add the vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet to the blender.
Step 2: Blend
Blend until smooth and creamy. This may take about two minutes.
Step 3: Garnish and serve
Pour into serving glass. And then, top each glass with whipped cream and garnish with an orange slice and cherries.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Juice: Add a squeeze of fresh orange juice for a stronger orange flavor.
- Yogurt: Replace the ice cream with frozen yogurt for a lighter shake.
- Soda: Experiment with different types of soda to change the flavor.
If you love orange sherbet you may also enjoy this Orange Sherbet Punch recipe as well.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this creamy and delicious orange shake recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to sip on this sweet summer drink.
- ice cream scoop
- serving glasses
These drinks are best served right away. However, if you make too much store the leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 days. You will need to add more soda to make it creamy again.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect orange creamsicle shakes every time.
- Be sure not to over-blend the shake. Blending too much can make it too thin and watery.
- If you want more flavor, add another scoop of ice cream or sherbet.
- For an extra creamy shake, add a splash of whole milk instead of soda.
- I like to use a high-powered blender like a Ninja or Vitamix for making shakes and smoothies. But, you can use whatever blender that you have on hand.
Do you have questions about this orange shake recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A soda milkshake is a drink made with ice cream, soda, and other mix-ins. This orange creamsicle shake recipe uses orange soda as the base and then adds vanilla ice cream and sherbet for a creamy and delicious treat.
Yes, you can make this shake without using a blender. Just add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir until everything is combined. A hand mixer would work great!
I like to use store-brand soda, but you can use your favorite brand.
🍽 More Orange Recipes
Do you enjoy orange recipes, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Orange Cream Shakes
- Ice cream scoop
- serving glass
- 11/2 cup orange soda
- 11/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 11/2 cup orange sherbet
- 9 tablespoons whipped cream for topping
- orange slice and cherry for garnish optional
- Pour 11/2 cup of orange soda into blender
- Add 11/2 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 11/2 cup orange sherbet
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour into serving glass
- Top each glass with 3 tbls. of whipped cream (we like a lot and sometimes add more as we drink our shake!)
- Garnish with an orange slices and cherries