These Peanut Butter Blossom Bars are a delicious sweet treat! No need to worry about getting the cookie dough just right so it doesn’t spread and turn out flat with this bar recipe.
We love peanut butter blossom cookies in our house. However, sometimes we have trouble with the cookies spreading out too much and being flat. So, to solve that problem we decided to turn them into bars instead!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- All these ingredients are commonly found in your kitchen so you don’t have to track down anything special.
- You can never go wrong with a peanut butter and chocolate flavor combo!
- You don’t have to worry about your cookies spreading too much!
You will need a few simple ingredients to help you make this delicious peanut butter bar recipe. One great thing about this easy recipe though is that you can easily find these ingredients at your local grocery so pick up any ingredients that you are missing on your next trip!
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- Hershey’s Kisses
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make These Peanut Butter Blossom Bars
Making these delicious peanut butter cookie bars is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step directions below or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post to make this simple dessert recipe.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: Combine the wet ingredients
In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. And, then add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Step 4: Finish the dough and move it to the pan
Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. And, then press the dough into the prepared pan and sprinkle the sugar on top.
Step 5: Bake the bars
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
Step 6: Add the Kisses while hot
Immediately after removing the pan from the oven, press the Kisses into the bars, making sure to space them evenly apart.
Step 7: Cool and serve
When the dough has cooled completely, cut into bars and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Replace the Hershey’s Kisses with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups if desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips to the dough.
- You could also drizzle the top of these bars with melted chocolate if you want more chocolate flavor.
If you love peanut butter cookie recipes like this one, then you may also enjoy these Three Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Here is a quick overview of the tools that you will need to help you make these cookie recipes.
- 8×8 baking dish
- hand mixer
- large mixing bowl
- medium bowl
Store these peanut butter blossom bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. We like to wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and then in a freezer-bag to keep them fresh.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that these peanut butter bars turn out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- Make sure your butter is softened before beginning this recipe or else it won’t combine properly with the other ingredients.
- Press the Hershey’s Kisses in immediately after removing the pan from the oven, as they will stick better to a hot surface than a cold one.
- The Kisses will look like they are melting. However, don’t disturb them as they will harden back up when the bars cool.
- Make sure the bars of completely cool before you slice them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
If your bars are falling apart that mostly means that either your dough was too dry, or you overbaked them. Make sure that you follow the directions closely when you are baking.
You’ll know the bars are done when the edges turn a light golden brown and you can insert a toothpick into the center of the bars with a few crumbs but no dough stuck to it.
If your dough is crumbly, you can add one or two tablespoons of liquid to add some moisture. Try adding milk or water or even more softened butter.
🍽 More Peanut Butter Recipes
Do you enjoy peanut butter, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Peanut Butter Blossom Bars
- 8×8 baking dish
- mixing bowls
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- 16 Hershey’s Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Immediately after removing the pan from the oven, press the Kisses into the bars, making sure to space them evenly apart.
- When the dough has cooled completely, cut into bars and serve.