Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies are easy homemade soft and chewy cookies that take just minutes to make and so scrumptious you won’t be able to stop eating them!
There are a few foods that are always in our house. Cookies are one of those foods. I know some people may not consider cookies food but seriously they are a very important food. Especially when those cookies are covered in rainbow sprinkles. these cookies are perfect for every occasion.
Change the color of the sprinkles for any holiday and you will have christmas cookies, $th of July cookies, Halloween cookies, baby shower cookies. The possibilities are endless. You can add some almond extract or lemon extract if you like to change these up also. We love lemon extract with lemon sprinkles.
These cookies are made from a simple sugar cookie recipe and not from a cake mix. Not that we have anything again cake mix cookies. Sometime they sure do come in handy and taste yummy too. But these cookies only require 7 ingredients then the sprinkles so they are super easy to to make.
These sprinkle cookies have sprinkles in the cookie dough as well as the outside of the cookie because you just can’t have too many sprinkles. After you mix the dough it gets scooped into balls, then gently rolled in more sprinkles.
Once your cookie dough is ready roll it in your sprinkles and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Make sure you don’t over bake your cookies! If anything you will want to underbake them a little bit. This recipe calls to bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes but we never bake more than 8 minutes. You want your cookies to be chewy not dry. Of course make sure they are cooked. Depends on your cookie size and your oven of course but you get the idea. Nobody likes a dry cookie.
OTHER COOKIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies are easy homemade soft and chewy cookies that take just minutes to make and so pretty too!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Rainbow Sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your sugar and butter and mix well.
3. Mix in one egg and the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Mix in 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles and form the dough into small balls and roll in a bowl of sprinkles.
7. lace the cookies onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT over bake!
8. et cool on a wire rack and enjoy!