Slow Cooker Beef Mushroom Soup is a hearty, delicious variation of classic beef stroganoff perfect for the fall and winter. Tender chunks of beef, mushrooms, and a savory creamy sauce are combined with egg noodles for the ultimate winter comfort food.
Beef stroganoff is one of our favorite classic comfort foods, especially in the winter. Soup is another favorite of ours in the fall and winter. We decided to combine them to create this rich, hearty soup, and it’s become one of our favorites this time of year.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple, limited ingredients.
- It’s an easy, slow cooker recipe.
- It’s full of classic beef stroganoff flavor.
- It’s hearty, satisfying comfort food.
You’ll only need a few simple, basic ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all in your kitchen or at your local grocery store.
All the ingredients are listed here, but you can find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Stew beef
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Onion soup mix
- Garlic cloves – minced
- Tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Low-sodium beef stock
- Egg noodles – dry, uncooked
- Sour cream
- Parsley for garnish
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Mushroom Soup
This delicious soup is a simple slow cooker recipe, so it takes very little work. Just pour everything in and let the slow cooker do its thing!
Step 1: Make the Base Beef Soup
Add the stew beef, mushrooms, onion soup mix, garlic, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock in the slow cooker. Stir.
Step 2: Cook
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 3: Add the Noodles
30 minutes before serving, add the noodles to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and continue cooking until the noodles are al dente.
Step 4: Add the Sour Cream
Whisk the sour cream and flour together in a small bowl. Then, add 1 cup of the soup liquid and whisk until smooth. Stir the mixture into the soup and cook another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Beef Soup – Omit the egg noodles and add carrots, celery, potatoes, and your other favorite fall vegetables like parsnips to make beef soup.
- Egg Noodles – You can use any short pasta you like in this soup.
- Minced Garlic – You can use jarred minced garlic if you’d rather not mince your own.
If you think this beef mushroom soup looks good, then we think you’ll love our slow cooker pot roast stroganoff.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small bowl
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate this slow cooker beef mushroom soup for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to a month in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
What to Serve with Beef Mushroom Soup
With beef, vegetables, and noodles, this soup is a full meal on its own. We recommend keeping things simple and serving it with some crusty bread, garlic bread, or breadsticks.
- Mix your sour cream into the soup about 10 minutes before you’re ready to serve. This allows it to thicken the soup without the noodles cooking for too long.
- It’s important not to overcook your egg noodles. They will get gummy and soft.
- We recommend low-sodium beef stock because the onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce both have quite a bit of salt in them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Beef stroganoff is a rich, creamy dish made with beef and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce.
This recipe is basically beef stroganoff that we’ve turned into soup. It tastes exactly like beef stroganoff.
Egg noodles cook very fast and can be overcooked easily. In addition, stirring these delicate noodles too much while they cook can cause them to break apart.
The best beef for stew is chuck or round. You can also find packages of beef chunks that are labeled as stew meat.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy soup? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- small bowl
- slow cooker
- 1 pound stew beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 2 cups egg noodles dry uncooked
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Parsley for garnish
- Into your slow cooker add the stew beef, mushrooms, onion soup mix, garlic, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce and beef stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4.
- 30 minutes before serving add your noodles to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook until the noodles are al dente.
- Into a small bowl whisk together the sour cream and flour.
- Add 1 cup of the liquid from the soup to the sour cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker and let cook another 10 minutes.