This Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff combines tender, juicy shredded pot roast and mushrooms with a creamy sauce and egg noodles. It’s a hearty family meal everyone loves.
We’re big eaters, and our families are big eaters. That’s why a beef stroganoff recipe like this one is so perfect for us. It can feed an army, and it’s ridiculously easy to make.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients that are always available at your grocery store.
- It’s a hearty beef dinner that feeds a ton of people.
- It’s super easy and makes a great weeknight meal for the family.
You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make this recipe, and you can find them all at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Beef chuck roast
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Sliced white mushrooms, rinsed
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Sour cream
- Egg noodles, boiled and drained
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Pot Roast Stroganoff
This is a slow cooker recipe, so you already know it’s super easy to make. It only takes a few minutes of prep, and then you just wait for the slow cooker to do its thing.
Step 1: Add the Ingredients
Add the pot roast to the slow cooker. Then, top it with the onion, mushrooms, garlic, and cream of mushroom soup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and give a little stir to combine the ingredients a bit.
Step 2: Cook
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until the beef is fork-tender and falling apart.
Step 3: Shred and Mix
When ready to serve, shred the beef and stir in the sour cream. Then, mix in the cooked, drained egg noodles. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – For an extra kick of flavor and heat, try adding red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos.
- Greek yogurt – If you don’t have sour cream, full-fat Greek yogurt will work. They taste almost identical.
- Minced Garlic – You can use jarred mixed garlic if you don’t want to mince your own.
- Pot Roast – You can use beef stew meat instead. Just shorten the cooking time to 4 to 6 hours on low.
If you think this pot roast beef stroganoff looks good, then we think you’ll love our slow cooker Mississippi pot roast stew.
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
Store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
- Choose a pot roast with plenty of marbling for super tender and juicy beef.
- Stir the sour cream and noodles into the beef just before serving for the best results.
- Don’t overcook your egg noodles, or they’ll turn to mush as you mix them into the stroganoff.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Beef stroganoff is a dish made with beef, mushrooms, and onions in a rich, sour cream gravy, all served over egg noodles.
Chuck roast, flank steak, and beef stew meat are all excellent choices for beef stroganoff.
Look for quality marbling. You want a chuck roast with thin veins of fatty marbling all through the meat. This will make for the juiciest, most tender cooked beef.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Stroganoff
- slow cooker
- large pot
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms rinsed
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 16 ounces egg noodles boiled and drained
- Parsley for garnish
- Place your beef roast in your slow cooker.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Pour over the cream of mushroom soup.
- Sprinkle in the salt and pepper.
- Give everything a little stir just to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the beef is fork tender and falling apart.
- Right before serving shred the beef and stir in the sour cream.
- Stir in the cooked, drained egg noodles.