Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches combine the flavors of the classic salad with slider sensibilities. Tender, juicy chicken, lettuce, parmesan cheese, and Caesar dressing are piled high on soft, brioche buns.
We love serving up creative sandwiches and sliders, and today we have one of our most delicious ideas yet. These chicken Caesar sandwiches are the perfect mashup of a Caesar salad and brioche bun sliders!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 6 total ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy, slow cooker recipe that requires almost no effort.
- It’s healthy AND full of flavor.
- It’s a great lunch or dinner recipe.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll be able to snag them all in one quick trip to your local grocery store.
Everything you need is right here, but you’ll find how much of it you need in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Caesar salad dressing
- Brioche buns
- Romaine lettuce
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
This is a slow cooker recipe, so you know it’s easy. It just takes a few minutes of prep, a few hours in the slow cooker, and then it’s ready to eat!
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Add the chicken, chicken stock, and dressing to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 2: Shred the Chicken and Add Cheese
Remove and shred the chicken. Then, return the chicken to the slow cooker, add parmesan cheese, and stir to let it melt.
Step 3: Make the Sandwiches
Top brioche buns with shredded chicken, more cheese, and lettuce. Add the top bun and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos for a kick of heat and flavor.
- Brioche Buns – Use your favorite buns.
- Sliders – Use Hawaiian rolls to make chicken Caesar sliders.
- Tomato –Add sliced tomatoes.
- Bacon – Try adding crumbled bacon.
- Wraps – Make this a wrap with flour tortillas.
If you want to make this recipe extra delicious, try using our homemade Caesar dressing.
- Measuring cups
- Slow cooker
- Forks or shredding claws
Refrigerate the shredded Caesar chicken for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container. Avoid storing constructed sandwiches. They’ll get soggy.
- It’s easiest to shred the chicken when it’s as safely possible to handle.
- To avoid soggy sandwiches, make them just before serving.
- Buy freshly shredded parmesan cheese if possible for the best flavor.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
You sure can! Challah, Pullman loaf, Japanese milk bread, and Hawaiian sweet bread are all excellent alternatives to brioche.
These sandwiches are delicious with potato chips, French fries, sweet potato fries, potato wedges, coleslaw, mac and cheese, or potato salad.
This sandwich uses shredded chicken. If you make them too far in advance, the liquid will seep into the bread and make it soggy.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy sandwiches? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- slow cooker 4 quart or larger
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups caesar salad dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 brioche buns
- Romaine lettuce
- To your slow cooker add the chicken and stock.
- Pour the dressing over the top.
- Place the lid on and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add 1 cup of the shredded parmesan cheese and stir that in to melt.
- Pile the shredded chicken on the soft buns, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the sandwiches and add romaine lettuce.