Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches are so good, we’re not sure if they’re legal. Cheesy, bacon ranch chicken salad is piled high on soft golden buns for some of the best sandwiches you’ll ever have.
We’re all about that bacon ranch lifestyle, and our latest entry into that recipe genre is this delicious sandwich recipe. These are loaded with flavor, not work, and they’re perfect for any occasion.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches are such a crowd pleaser! Chicken, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning cook together before getting mixed with cheddar, bacon, and scallions and piled on soft buns. This is always a favorite!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy slow cooker recipe, so you can make it any day of the week.
- It uses simple ingredients that are available at any grocery store.
- It’s loaded with cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning. Yum!
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all in just one quick trip to the store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked, chopped bacon
- Chopped scallions
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
Making these sandwiches is just about the easiest thing ever. You just layer and let the slow cooker do all the work!
Step 1: Layer
Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker. Then, sprinkle them with ranch dressing mix and place the cream cheese on top.
Step 2: Cook
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 3: Shred
Shred the chicken after it’s cooked through.
Step 4: Finish the Chicken Filling
Add the bacon, scallions, and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese to the shredded chicken and stir. Then, sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
Step 5: Serve
Pile the filling onto buns and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos to the chicken mixture.
- Toasted Buns – Toast the insides of the buns in a skillet with butter before adding the chicken.
- Dip – Add the filling to a bowl and use it as a delicious chicken dip.
- Texas Toast – Try making these sandwiches with toasted Texas toast.
For another zesty, creamy chicken recipe, check out this Buffalo chicken dip.
- Measuring cups
- Slow cooker
- Forks or shredding claws
- Cutting board
Refrigerate the chicken filling for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Use 2 forks or shredding claws to easily shred the chicken.
- Shred the chicken while it’s as hot as you can safely handle it. Hot chicken shreds more readily than cool chicken.
- Don’t be tempted to add liquid to this recipe. The chicken will release enough on its own.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Absolutely. We’re not sure where the idea that you can’t put raw meat into a slow cooker gained traction, but slow cookers are specifically made to cook raw meat.
Place the filling in a baking dish with a bit of water (not too much), cover, and bake at 350 until heated through.
Any bun will work perfectly. It all depends on your preference.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- slow cooker
- forks or meat claw
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix one packet
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 12 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 scallions chopped
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- To your slow cooker add your chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle over the ranch seasoning mix.
- Place the cream cheese on top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When the chicken is cooked through shred the chicken and stir to combine with the cream cheese.
- Stir in the the bacon and scallion and 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese across the top.
- Cover and let the cheese melt for 10 minutes.
- Pile onto buns and serve!