Slow Cooker Steak and Potatoes take the classic pairing and make it as easy as it is delicious. Cubed chuck roast, small potatoes, and frozen corn ears are all seasoned and slow-cooked to perfection for a delicious, hearty, and super-easy meal.
The only thing we love more than hearty meals are hearty meals that take little to no effort. This recipe is both of those in spades. Beef, potatoes, and corn and all you do is let the slow cooker do its thing? Perfection!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a limited amount of simple ingredients.
- It’s an incredibly easy recipe that requires very little work.
- The classic combination of beef, potatoes, and corn satisfies everyone!
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all easily found at your local grocery store. You’ll be able to grab everything you need in a matter of minutes. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Cubed chuck roast
- Thinly sliced onion
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Steak seasoning
- Small potatoes
- Frozen corn on the cob
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Steak and Potatoes
Making this recipe is a snap. The only real work you’ll have to do is searing the beef, and even that only takes a minute or two.
Step 1: Sear the Beef
Sear the steak bites quickly in a large skillet over medium-high heat to get some color on them.
Step 2: Add Everything to the Slow Cooker
Add the beef, onions, potatoes, and corn to the slow cooker. Then sprinkle them with garlic, pepper, paprika, and steak seasoning. Slice the butter and place the slices all over the top of the ingredients.
Step 3: Cook
Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add sliced jalapenos or cayenne to the slow cooker.
- Beef – You can use stew beef, cubed sirloin, or cubed chuck roast.
- Other meat – Try cubed chicken or pork, as well.
If this recipe strikes your fancy, then check out our slow cooker mushroom steak bites.
- Measuring spoons
- Large skillet
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate this recipe for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Sear the beef quickly on high heat. You’re not trying to cook it, just to get some color on it.
- Use frozen corn on the cob for this recipe. It will cook to perfection by the time everything else is done.
- Small or baby potatoes are best for this recipe. You’ll have to cut up larger potatoes.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Serving steak and potatoes has been around for as long as anyone can remember. That’s because the mild flavor of potatoes makes the perfect canvas for beef recipes which tend to be far bolder.
You sure can! Cooking frozen corn on the cob is ideal in slow cooker recipes because it will defrost and then cook over the duration of the cooking time. This keeps the corn from being overcooked.
Chuck steak, round steak, blade steak, skirt steak, and stew meat are all great choices for slow cooking.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy steak? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Steak and Potatoes
- slow cooker
- 1 ½ stew beef cubed sirloin, cubed chuck roast
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes
- 6-8 pieces frozen corn
- 1 stick butter
- Parsley optional – for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium high heat sear the steak bites
- quickly, you just want to get some color on the outside. Do
- not worry about cooking them all the way through.
- Place the meat and onion in the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Add the corn to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the meat and potatoes with the garlic, pepper,
- paprika and steak seasoning.
- Add the corn to the slow cooker.
- Slice the butter and add all over the top of the steak, corn and
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.