Best Crock Pot Ham
Are you looking for the perfect dinner recipe that lets your crock pot do all the cooking? If so, you’re going to love this Best Crock Pot Ham recipe.
Not only is it crazy simple to make, but it’s an awesome way to have dinner ready and waiting for everyone to enjoy. Best Crock Pot Ham is our go to for making ham now!
We’re big fans of using our crock pot in our house. There are so many times that we’ve walked through the front door and just been so happy to know that the crock pot is taking care of dinner. With just a little prep work and planning, your crock pot can literally give you a much-needed rest so that you can put your feet up with the rest of the family.
We decided to make our holiday ham in the slow cooker a couple of years ago. Let me tell you.. we will never go back to the old way. First it frees up oven space like no tomorrow! But it is really delicious. Drool worthy as everyone puts it. So now this is the only way we make ham.
What kind of ham should I cook in my crock pot?
We always get a spiral-sliced ham but you can get a boneless or bone-in, whole ham. It’s really a matter of what you like. Just make sure it fits in your crock pot.
Can I leave out the brown sugar from this recipe?
Yes, you can. If you’re wanting to cut down on the brown sugar, just leave it out. It’s there for an added level of sweetness but you might find that you get enough sweetness from the pineapple on its own. Some people actually don’t like sugar with their ham so it’s not an ingredient that has to stay with the recipe if you’re not crazy about it.
How do I know that the ham is doing cooking?
You’re going to need to have a meat thermometer on hand to be able to check the internal temperature of the meat. For the ham to be considered done, you should see an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees. If it’s not that, it needs to cook longer. Making certain that the meat is cooked all the way through is very important so that it doesn’t get anyone sick. But don’t overcook it because you don’t want it to be dry! There is a fine line here.
What side dishes would go well with crock pot ham?
This is what makes ham so great. Literally almost any type of food goes well with ham. You can whip up a simple side salad, a potato dish, veggie platter, or even some simple steamed veggies.
How to reheat leftover ham?
This crock pot ham recipe is a simple solution for a delicious meal!
OTHER CROCK POT RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Crock Pot Reese Peanut Butter Lava Cake
Crazy Good Mississippi Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs
Best Crock Pot Ham
- 8-10 pound spiral ham
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) unsalted butter
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple slices, drained - reserve juice
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- Coat inside of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
- Place ham, cut side down into crock pot
- In a small saucepan, melt butter
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar until well combined and a paste forms
- Sprinkle ground cloves on top of brown sugar mixture in pan, stir to combine well
- Cover ham with brown sugar mixture gently pushing mixture into ham
- Add pineapple slices on top of ham, secure with toothpicks if necessary
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over ham
- Add lid to crock pot if possible, if the lid doesn’t fit, cover tightly with foil
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or internal temperature 145 degrees F
- Baste with juice and let set for 10 minutes before cutting
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator in airtight container
Leave a Reply