Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs are the perfect easy appetizer or dinner all made in your slow cooker. So Ahh-mazingly delicious!
Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs are so easy to make. Some people use frozen meatballs and that is perfectly fine but we just haven’t found a frozen meatball that we like. They all taste rubbery to us. So we just make our own very simple meatball for this but if you like you can use a frozen meatball that you like. We are so used to making meatballs it literally takes less than ten minutes to whip up a batch.
These meatballs are very light and the BBQ sauce is light also. It is not a thick sauce because of the beef broth so it makes for a great dinner. We make these for dinner a lot and serve it over some jasmine rice. You could easily serve it over needles also. I quess this is more of a cross between a BBQ’d meatball and a swedish meatball in some ways. But of course the flavor is different.
It is just such a quick dinner to make. You can prepare the meatballs the night before or whenever you like. They do need to set in the freezer for at least an hour before you put them in the slow cooker. So if you make them the night before you can throw them in the freezer then.
We tend to have batches of meatball in the freezer since we like to do stock up cooking. It makes things so much easier. Just make sure you have things labeled because these meatballs would not be the ones we use in a spaghetti sauce. Once you put them in the slow cooker with the beef broth they will cook for about 4 hours on high heat. As soon as the center of the meatball is cooked you will add the BBQ sauce. You can add any BBQ sauce of your choice.
OTHER SLOW COOKER MEALS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp garlic; minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce, your favorite
1. Place ground beef into a bowl and mix well with egg, onion powder, salt, pepper and garlic.
2. Roll into balls and place into a bowl. Freeze for 1 hour.
3. Pour beef broth into slow cooker. Place in meatballs. Place lid on pot and set to high heat.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours until the center of the meatball is cooked.
5. Stir in choice of barbecue sauce. Replace lid until sauce is warmed. Replace lid until sauce is warmed. Serve