Cannoli Dip Recipe
Cannoli Dip is rich, creamy and amazingly delicious! Made with marscapone cheese this dip is hard to resist.
This Cannoli Dip is simply amazing. I have to tell you I love, love cannoli’s but I could do without the shell. Just give me the filling and I am in heaven. This dip takes all the flavors of a cannoli that I love and turns it into a party appetizer or dessert!
This recipe is the perfect sweet treat. It is no bake and takes just a few ingredients to make. Sounds like a win win to me. First let me say This is a great dessert because you can make it ahead of time. Second it has all the flavors of a cannoli except for the fact that you don’t have to fill the shells.
I mean who likes filling those shells anyways? I have to say I don’t like the shells because they always taste too fried to me so using broken up waffle cones or these waffle cone cookies that we found are perfect for me.
Cannoli dip is what we serve any time of year! Great for holidays, game day last minute party invites or if you decide to throw a last minute get together. It seriously takes just minutes to throw together. And we usually have all the ingredients in the house.
Now you have to remember being from Boston we have some of the best cannoli’s you can buy in the North End and I can tell you none are made with cream cheese. Cannoli’s are made with marscapone cheese. Now you can use cream cheese if you like it’s not like your dip is going to taste bad because honestly it won’t it will still taste yummy but it won’t taste as good as those cannoli’s from Boston’s North End!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 8 oz. marscapone cheese (can use cream cheese if you can not find marscapone
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 package small chocolate chip cookies
- 1 package of waffle cones cookies or waffle cones, broken into medium pieces
- 1. Add ricotta, marscapone , and powdered sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer beating on medium-high speed until smooth. (3-5 minutes.) Add in the vanilla extract, whipping for another 30 seconds. 2. Taste the dip - if you'd like it sweeter, add more powdered sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time. (up to 8 tablespoons) Add in mini chocolate chips stirring with a spatula.3. Keep some of the mini chocolate chips to garnish the dip top. . Serve dip immediately with broken waffle cones and/or small chocolate chip cookies or store in a container with a lid and place in the refrigerator.