Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake – An amazing cake that has rich, chocolaty decadent flavors. If you love coffee and chocolate this ahh-mazing cake is for you!
This scrumptious Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake is filled with coffee/ espresso flavor. Both in the cake and in the decadent chocolate ganache. Then to top it all off we added some crushed chocolate covered espresso beans and a bit of extra espresso powder for garnish!
This bundt cake was a big hit with everyone. It is perfect with a cup of coffee in the morning or as a dessert for a company dinner. It looks so good with the glaze or ganache dripping down and the nuts and crushed chocolate covered espresso beans covering the top! It’s a true coffee lovers delight.
We are true cake lovers in pour house. We love all kinds of cakes from the easy ones that start out with a cake mix and you doctor it up to make something delicious to something that is made totally from scratch like this cake. We always make our recipes easy even the ones made from scratch. Most of our cakes are one bowl cakes (if we can help it). We like to keep things simple and easy in all our cooking.
You will mix everything in one bowl and when your done pour it into a bundt pan that has been sprayed with pam cooking spray.
Your house will smell divine as this cake bakes. The batter itself smell amazing! Try to keep from licking the bowl!
This bundt cake is perfect for any occasion or celebration. It’s not really made for kids but adults will devour this cake if they are coffee lovers. So if you need something for your next gathering give this scrumptious cake a try. I bet you will be making it over and over again!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake - An amazing cake that has rich, chocolaty decadent flavors. If you love coffee and chocolate this ahh-mazing cake is for you!
unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
crushed chocolate covered espresso beans
extra espresso powder for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spay a bundt pan with pam baking spray, set aside
2. Using a standing mixer, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and baking powder until smooth
3. Beat in the cocoa powder until smooth
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined after each egg
5. Beat in the sour cream, milk and espresso until combined and smooth
6. Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined and smooth
7. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and place into the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Chocolate Ganache directions
1. Place the chocolate chips into a medium bowl.
2. Heat the cream and espresso powder in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate chips
4. Allow to sit for 1 minute before mixing until smooth
5. Allow to cool slightly before pouring over the cake
6. Top with the chopped walnuts, crushed chocolate covered espresso beans and espresso powder
7. Cool ganache just slightly before drizzling over your cake.
8. Sprinkle chopped pecans and more espresso powder over the top of your coffee cake.