Easy Baked Beans
These Easy Baked Beans are the perfect side dish for all your family gatherings, BBQ’s or potlucks! It’s sure to become a family favorite.
Sweet, smokey and savory these Easy Baked Beans start out with canned baked beans. Then we kick it up a notch by adding a few extra ingredients and there we have it! A delicious semi-homemade recipe!
We are always for making a semi-homemade recipe. The easier the better right?
Honestly we have had great homemade baked beans but if you kick up or jazz up canned baked beans they taste pretty darn good too!
Baked beans are a great side dish that go along side almost anything. They are the perfect potluck side dish for sure! Potlucks and side dishes go hand in hand. Some of our favorites are Loaded Potato Salad and Tropical Macaroni Salad .
These beans are so versatile too. You can spice them up a bit if you like by adding in some jalapeño peppers.
We happen to like spice and adding just 1 small-medium jalapeño pepper really gives these beans a great flavor. You should give it a try. Just chop it finely with your other pepper when cooking.
- Green Bell Pepper
- Pork & Beans
- BBQ Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE EASY BAKED BEANS
Chop and brown the bacon is a large skillet. Remove the bacon, drain all but one tbsp of the bacon grease. Add onions and peppers to the pan with the bacon grease and cook until translucent.
In a large bowl stir together the beans, veggies, BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
Pour the bean mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and top with the cooked bacon. Bake, uncovered, for 60-90 minutes at 325 degrees. You want them to bake and thicken up nicely.
How to store the the beans
Leftovers should be refrigerated in an airtight container and consumed within 1 week. Add some water when reheating if needed.
Make sure you let the beans cool completely, then store in a freezer safe airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat at 350°F for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and heated through.
If you have never been the biggest fan of baked beans give the kicked up recipe a try. I bet you will change your mind about after you taste these easy beans!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
Broccoli Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Easy Baked Beans
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 small green bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 28 oz cans of pork & beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop the bacon and cook until crisp in a large skillet.
- Remove bacon from the pan and drain off all grease except for about 1 tablespoon.
- Add onions and peppers to the pan with the bacon grease and cook until translucent.
- In a large bowl stir together the beans, veggies, bbq sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the beans into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with the cooked bacon.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 ½ hours, you want them to bake and thicken up nicely. Serve!
Leave a Reply