This Grinch Pretzel Brittle takes a classic brittle recipe and gives it a Grinchy makeover with a green-colored chocolate drizzle and red Grinch hearts.
It’s fun to have fun, but you have to know how. In this case, you find it by chowing on down. This easy, fun brittle makes the holidays bright, and you’ll make it with ease. It won’t take all the night!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a classic brittle recipe that’s both sweet and salty.
- It’s full of holiday cheer with green chocolate and red Grinch hearts.
- It’s super easy to make!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This easy Grinch pretzel brittle only uses simple ingredients that you’ll easily find at your local grocery store. The ingredients that give this brittle its delicious flavor are listed below. For the complete ingredient list, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Corn syrup
- Mini pretzel twists
- Melted white chocolate
- Greed food coloring gel for chocolate
- Red Grinch hearts
🔪 How to Make Grinch Pretzel Brittle
This is a super easy recipe to make. You’ll be all done in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Prep
Measure all ingredients into small dishes that can be poured quickly. The candy hardens fast, so you need to work fast, as well. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Step 2: Make the Brittle
Melt the sugar and corn syrup in the microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through. Then, add the butter and microwave for a minute. Stir in the mini pretzels, salt, and vanilla and microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Finally, stir in the baking soda. The mixture will be light and foamy.
Step 3: Spread and Set
Quickly pour the brittle onto the parchment paper and spread it out into a thin layer using 2 spoons or forks. Let cool for 30 minutes or until hard to the touch.
Step 4: Melt the Chocolate
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth. Then, add the green food coloring gel a few drops at a time, and stir until you reach the desired intensity of green.
Step 5: Decorate the Brittle
Use a fork or small spoon to drizzle the green melted chocolate all over the brittle. Then, add the red Grinch hearts, pressing them slightly into the melted chocolate so they stick. Let cool for an hour until everything is hardened, then break into pieces. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- White Chocolate – You can use white almond bark in place of white chocolate.
- Mini Pretzel Twists – You can use mini pretzel sticks instead.
If you think this brittle looks good, then we think you’ll love this graham cracker toffee crunch.
You’ll only need a handful of items to make this easy Grinch pretzel brittle.
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 forks or spoons
- 6 small dishes for ingredients
Store this brittle in an air-tight container for up to 10 days in a cool, dry place.
This recipe is fairly easy, but there are some things you must remember to make it work. Check it out.
- You MUST measure out everything before you begin. This is a fast-moving recipe.
- Always store this candy in an air-tight container to keep it from getting sticky.
- Don’t store it in the refrigerator.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Brittle is a candy made from sugar that’s been heated or boiled. After it hardens, it becomes brittle and easily broken. Hence, the name.
The moisture from the refrigerator will cause it to soften.
It’s actually very easy to make, you just have to move quickly.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Grinch holiday treats? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Grinch Pretzel Brittle
- parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Two Forks, or Spoons – to spread the candy
- 6 small dishes for ingredients
- Airtight container – to store the Brittle
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Mini Pretzel Twists
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate melted
- Green Food Coloring Gel for Chocolate
- Red Grinch Hearts
- First, measure out all your ingredients into small dishes you can pour into the Bowl of Candy, because the Candy will be begin to harden quickly, you'll need the ingredients ready to go to follow the recipe, and won't have time to get them together after you start.DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- In a Microwave safe medium size bowl, add the Sugar, and Corn Syrup, and stir together.
- Place in the Microwave for 6 minutes, on HIGH, stirring half way through, at 3 minutes.
- Line a Cookie sheet with Parchment Paper, and set aside.
- Remove from the Microwave, and add the Butter, and Microwave for 1 minute. Remove Bowl, and stir in Mini Pretzels, salt, and Vanilla, and Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Remove Bowl, and stir in Baking Soda – mixture will be light and foamy.
- Quickly, pour the Brittle out onto the Parchment Paper lined Cookie sheet, and spread out into a thin layer with spoons, or forks – you’ll need two utensils to spread the Brittle.
- Let the Brittle cool for about 30 minutes, and make sure the Brittle is set, or hard to the touch.
- Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave, and stir until smooth.
- Add a few drops of the Green Food Coloring Gel, and stir until blended.
- Add more if needed to achieve the green color
- Using a Fork, or small spoon, drizzle the melted Chocolate over the Brittle, leaving enough space for the Brittle to show through the chocolate.
- Add the Red Grinch Hearts, pressing them slightly into the Green chocolate.
- Allow about an hour for the Chocolate to completely harden, and all ingredients to cool completely.
- When Brittle is cool, Break into pieces. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply