Red Velvet Martini
This Red Velvet Martini is the perfect holiday cocktail. Loaded with red velvet cake flavor and garnished with real cream cheese frosting, it’s the ultimate festive cocktail.
Christmas treats don’t have to stop with candy and cakes, why not serve up a delicious cocktail, too? This one is a winner that has all the flavor of red velvet cake AND booze. Yay!
Not only is this Red Velvet Martini a gorgeous Christmas Cocktail to serve, but it’s also really delicious! It’s a festive delight, and a unique drink you can serve at a party or family gathering, and your guests will be wowed by this, and probably want seconds, so keep your shaker full for refills. It’s light and sweet, and a Holiday drink they’re sure to remember.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It tastes just like rich red velvet cake.
- It’s an easy cocktail to make.
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This cocktail only uses a handful of simple ingredients that are all easy to find. The ingredients are below, but you’ll find the amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Baileys Red Velvet
- Club soda
- DaVinci red velvet cake syrup
- Red decorating sugars
- Red sprinkles
- Cream cheese frosting
🔪 How to Make Red Velvet Martini
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. In just a few minutes, you’ll have delicious, holly jolly cocktails for all.
Step 1: Decorate the Glasses
Dip the rims of your martini glasses in a shallow bowl of store-bought cream cheese frosting. Then, dip the frosted rims in a shallow bowl with a mixture of red sprinkles and red decorating sugar. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Martini
In a large cocktail shaker, combine all cocktail ingredients and shake for at least 10 seconds to mix well. Pour into the rimmed glass. Repeat for as many cocktails as desired.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Red Velvet Cake Syrup – We love DaVinci syrup, but you can use any brand you like.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Use any brand of store-bought frosting or even make your own small batch.
If you like this unexpected martini, then check out this toasted marshmallow martini.
You need almost nothing to make this easy cocktail recipe.
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glasses
- Shallow bowls
You don’t store these, you drink them. LOL. Seriously, though, this recipe makes 1 martini, so simply make as many as you need. Once the fizz of the club soda is gone, they’re not nearly as tasty.
There’s really nothing to this recipe. In fact, we only have 1 tip, and it’s geared more toward amounts than actually making the cocktail.
- You can double the recipe and use a large cocktail shaker to make a couple of cocktails at a time.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It tastes like chocolate cake complete with cream cheese frosting and a hint of cocoa powder.
It tastes like red velvet cake, especially when you rim the glasses with cream cheese frosting.
The festive color, of course! Plus, everyone loves chocolate cake.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cocktails? Then try these delicious holiday cocktail recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Red Velvet Martini
- measuring jigger
- cocktail shaker
- martini glass
- 2 ounces Bailey's Red Velvet
- 2 ounces Vermouth
- 2 ounces Club Soda
- 1 tablespoon Red Velvet Cake Syrup DaVinci brand – or other brand if preferred
- 1 bottle of Red Decorating sugars
- 1 package of Red Sprinkles Jimmy’s
- 1 can/container of Cream Cheese Frosting – to rim glasses
- Open the can/container of Cream Cheese Frosting, and frost the Rim/edges of the Martini Glass with the Frosting, using a small spatula.
- Place the Red Decorating Sugars, and the Red Sprinkles in a bowl, and stir to mix.
- Dip the edge/rim of the Glass in the Sugar/Sprinkle Mix, so the Sugars/sprinkles stick to the Frosting, and set aside.
- In a large Cocktail Shaker, place the Bailey’s Red Velvet, Vermouth, Club Soda, and Red Velvet Cake Syrup, and Shake for at least 10 seconds to mix well.
- Pour Cocktail mixture into the rimmed Martini Glass, serve and Enjoy!