These Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos are a game changer for Taco Tuesdays or any weeknight meal! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this recipe delivers big on flavor and convenience.
The star ingredient in these tacos is the can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. This adds a burst of spicy and tangy flavor that takes these tacos to the next level. If you’re tired of the same old ground beef tacos, then these Rotel Tacos are sure to be a hit at your dinner table.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to change up the flavors of traditional Taco Tuesday.
- You only need basic ingredients so you don’t have to spend a lot of money at the grocery store.
- Plus, your trusty slow cooker does most of the work so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
One great thing about this delicious recipe is that you only need a few simple ingredients. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store so you can enjoy this delicious meal with your family.
- lean ground beef
- taco seasoning
- Velveeta cheese
- Rotel tomatoes
- Taco toppings
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos
Making these slow cooker tacos is so easy. Just follow the step-by-step instructions and you will have a simple meal that your whole family will love in no time at all. Plus, the slow cooker does all the work so you can spend more time with your family.
Step 1: Cook the ground beef
Add the ground beef to a skillet and cook until brown. And then drain your ground beef.
Step 2: Add the ingredients to the slow cooker
Cut the velvetta into cubes. And then into your slow cooker add the ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, Rotel, and milk. Stir it together.
Step 3: Cook the tacos
Cover and turn on low for 4 hours. Serve in tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Are you a fan of spicy food? If so, use Hot Rotel or add some sliced jalapenos to the beef and cheese mixture.
- Protein – Swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or ground chicken instead.
- Kid-friendly – If you have littles that aren’t fans of spice, use mild rotel or plain diced tomatoes instead.
Are you looking for another tex mex inspired slow cooker recipe? If so, check out this Slow Cooker Frito Pie recipe.
This is a quick overview of the equipment that you will need to make this easy recipe:
- slow cooker
- large skillet
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze the leftover beef for up to three months. Just make sure that you use a freezer bag or freezer safe container.
These Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos pair well with just about any side dish, however, we like to serve them with these Homemade Guacamole and Chips or these Baked Zucchini Sticks. You can also end this meal with a sweet treat like this Orange Cream Shake or Sugar Cookie Fudge.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure this recipe turns out perfectly for you when you make it.
- The cheese can get a little sticky so we recommend that you spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
- Drain your ground beef well before you add it slow cooker so that your tacos are not greasy.
- Feel free to get creative and try adding vegetables or beans to the meat mixture while it cooks.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, your ground beef should be cooked all the way through.
You can reheat the beef mixture on the stove top over medium heat until warm all the way or single servings in the microwave until warm all the through.
🍽 More Slow Cooker Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? If so, give these recipes a try next time:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Rotel Tacos
- slow cooker
- large skillet
- 2-2.5 pounds lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 16 ounces velvetta cheese
- 10 ounces Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with green chiles)
- ¼ cup milk
- Taco toppings
- Brown and drain your ground beef.
- Cut the velvetta into cubes.
- Into your slow cooker add the ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, Rotel, and milk.
- Stir it together.
- Cover and turn on low for 4 hours.
- Serve in tortillas and top with your favorite taco toppings.