Bunny Butt Dip combines cream cheese, cake mix, and more tasty sweet ingredients to create a sweet dessert dip that’s absolutely delicious. It’s super fun, too, because it really is shaped to look like a bunny butt!
Sweet treats are a huge part of the Eater season. So are rabbits. So we put them together to create this dessert dip that’s molded to look like an adorable rabbit going down a rabbit hole. It’s as cute as it is delicious.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s ready in just minutes.
- It’s as cute as it is delicious.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at the grocery store. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Softened cream cheese
- White chocolate chips
- Funfetti cake mix
- Vanilla extract
- Shaved white chocolate
- Pink M&Ms
🔪 How to Make Bunny Butt Dip
Making this dip couldn’t be easier. It’s mostly just a matter of mixing and forming the shapes. Anyone can do it!
Step 1: Make the Dip
Combine the cream cheese, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, cake mix, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Roll into Balls
Separate the cream cheese mixture into a large ball, 2 medium balls, and 1 small ball. The large ball will be the body, the 2 medium balls will be the feet, and the small ball is, of course, the bunny tail!
Step 3: Coat with Chocolate
Roll each shaped ball in the shaved white chocolate to coat.
Step 4: Make the Bunny Butt
Place the large ball on a plate. Then, press the two medium balls onto the bottom of the large ball to make feet. Finally, add the small ball to the top of the large ball to make the tail. Flatten the feet gently to make the more realistic, then place four M&Ms on each one to make the bunny paws.
Step 5: Serve
Chill until ready to serve, then serve with cookies and pretzels of your choice. Yum!
How to treat raw flour or cake mix
Although some people aren’t worried about eating raw flour, it’s NOT recommended and never a good idea in my book. Killing the bacteria is simple by heating-treating the flour or cake mix. This is totally up to you but I think it’s a good idea to do this easy step.
For the microwave… A good rule of thumb to follow is to microwave the flour or cake mix for 1 minute and 15 seconds on high, stirring after 15 second intervals. Then go on with the recipe. So simple and safe!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Brown Bunny – Use chocolate cake mix to make a brown bunny.
- Shaved Chocolate – If you use chocolate cake mix, use shaved milk or dark chocolate for the coating.
- Chocolate Chips – Use milk or dark chocolate chips if you use chocolate cake mix.
For another fun dessert dip, check out this funfetti dip with cream cheese.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
Store this dip in the refrigerator for up to a week. For longer storage, you can store it in the freezer in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to a month.
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened to achieve the best texture for this dip.
- Use gentle pressure when rolling the dip balls – just enough to press the chocolate into the dip without deforming the balls.
- Microwave the cake mix for a minute to kill any bacteria that might be in the mix.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It’s a shaped cake mix dip made with funfetti dip, cream cheese, and white chocolate chips.
If you heat treat the cake mix by microwaving it for a minimum of 1 minute to kill bacteria, the dip should be totally safe.
Dips like this are perfect with all kinds of cookies, pretzels, and sweet or salty crackers.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Easter? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Bunny Butt Dip
- large bowl
- Hand mixer
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Funfetti cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white chocolate shaved
- 8 pink M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, white chocolate chips, sprinkles,, cake mix, and vanilla
- Mix ingredients together until well combined
- Separate the cream cheese mixture into the following sizes:
- one large ball (body)
- two medium size balls (feet)
- one small ball (tail)
- Roll each cream cheese ball into shaved white chocolate.
- Use the large ball for the bunny butt, the two medium size balls for the feet slightly oval shaped and the small ball for the tail.
- Carefully flatten the feet and make them in a slight oval shape to make them look realistic
- Gently press four M&Ms into each one of the feet
- Serve with cookies, pretzels of your choice
Leave a Reply