Hamburger Soup is made with simple staple ingredients, hearty, rich and super amazing! Comfort food at it’s finest.
Hamburger Soup is quick and easy and loaded with flavor. It is one of those meals that is perfect any night of the week. And always a great meal when your short on time.
We always have a freezer full of ground beef since we buy it when it’s on sale and stock up. Sometimes I will pull out a package and put it in the fridge to defrost not really knowing what I am going to make with it. Most of those times I end up with hamburger soup! The best part is you can add any veggies you have in your fridge , freezer or pantry.
This soup is so adaptable. It’s a great way to clean out your vegetable draw. for the most part we always have green beans, carrots, celery,onions, potatoes in the house. Also always canned and frozen corn and frozen peas. Really you can add whatever vegetable you like just make sure the ones that need to be cut like carrots and potatoes are cut to the same size so everything cooks at the same time.
You can even just use the mixed canned veggies that have potato in it already. Really whatever floats your boat with this soup. There is no wrong way to make it. You just need to adjust your cooking time.
This soup also freezes well if you happen to have any leftovers. I love having leftovers in the freezer. Sometimes you just don’t feel like cooking. So you can pull a container of this soup out and serve it with some nice crusty bread and you have a great meal for yourself.
There is just 2 of us for dinner usually and this serves 6 -8 so we do have leftovers. Whether you save some for lunch or another dinner or freeze it for another night you will enjoy this soup!
OTHER SOUP RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups beef broth
- 2 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups potato cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup green beans fresh or frozen, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a wide pot, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with onions and garlic until there are no pink pieces. Drain of any fat.
2. Pour remaining ingredients into the pot, ( except for frozen corn and green beans) along with salt and pepper to taste and stir. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Bring soup to a boil
3. Turn heat down add corn and green beans and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until corn and green beans are cooked. Serve hot.
Add more or less beef broth depending on how thick or thin you like your soup.