Hot Chocolate Lush Dessert features all the delicious flavors of hot chocolate right down to the mini marshmallows, but it’s all served up in a rich, creamy, decadent layered dessert!
This time of year, we think hot chocolate is just about the best thing you can have. We took that delicious flavor and transformed it into a decadent layered lush dessert that’s as easy as it is delicious. Get ready to fall in love!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- It features all the flavors of hot chocolate, including the marshmallows.
- It’s a great treat for weeknight desserts or potlucks and parties.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all either in your kitchen or in one quick trip to the grocery store.
Everything you need to make this delicious lush dessert is listed right here, but you’ll find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Butter- melted
- Cream cheese – softened
- Hot chocolate mix
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup
🔪 How to Make This Hot Chocolate Lush Dessert
Making this dessert is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few easy steps, and it requires ZERO cooking or baking.
Step 1: Make the Crust
Crush the cookies in a food processor. Then, mix them with the melted butter and press evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2: Make the Hot Chocolate Layer
Whip the cream cheese, hot chocolate mix, and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Then, fold in a container of whipped topping. Spread evenly over the crust.
Step 3: Make the Chocolate Pudding Layer
Whisk the chocolate pudding mix and milk together until smooth. Then, stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Spread carefully over the hot chocolate layer.
Step 4: Top the Lush
Top the pudding layer with the other container of whipped topping. Then, sprinkle with the rest of the marshmallows and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Step 5: Chill
Chill for at least 2 hours and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- White Hot Chocolate Lush – Use vanilla Oreos, white hot chocolate mix, and white chocolate vanilla pudding.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate – Try mixing crushed peppermint into the hot chocolate layer and topping the lush with marshmallows and more crushed peppermint.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate – Add a SMALL pinch of cayenne to the hot chocolate layer to make a Mexican hot chocolate lush.
If you can’t get enough lushes in your life, then we think you’ll love this Butterfinger lush recipe.
- Measuring cups
- 9×13 baking dish
- Mixing bowls
Cover tightly with clingwrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days. For longer storage, wrap the dish in a double layer of clingwrap, then a layer of foil, and freeze for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Hot Chocolate Lush
Serve this delicious lush with mini candy canes for a delicious holiday dessert. It’s also delicious with some fresh berries on the side. Of course, it makes a delicious addition to a larger dessert table at any part with all of your other favorite sweets.
- To easily slice your lush, freeze it. Then, when ready to serve, let it thaw slightly and cut with a sharp knife.
- Whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and hot chocolate mix until it’s rich and fluffy.
- An electric mixer is the best way to mix your hot chocolate layer unless you have freakishly strong arms.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A lush is a layered, no-bake dessert made with a cookie or graham cracker crust, a sweet cream cheese layer, pudding layer, and a final layer of whipped cream.
2 hours is the absolute minimum chill time for a lush dessert, but overnight is the best.
No one knows for certain, but almost all food historians agree that it almost certainly originated in the south.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy hot chocolate? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Butterfinger Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Marshmallow Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs with Rolos
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Hot Chocolate Lush Dessert
- Measuring cups
- 9×13 baking dish
- mixing bowls
- 36 chocolate sandwich cookies (like oreos)
- ½ cup butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 envelopes hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 7.8 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix two boxes
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- In a food processor crush the cookies.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press evenly into an 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer whip together the cream cheese, hot chocolate mix and powdered sugar.
- Fold in one container of the whipped topping.
- Spread over crust evenly.
- Next whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- Spread the pudding mixture carefully over the hot chocolate layer.
- Top with the remaining container of whipped topping.
- Sprinkle the top with the rest of the mini marshmallows and drizzle over some chocolate syrup.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve!