This Loaded Cornbread Casserole is a delicious and hearty side dish that will be the star of any meal. It’s easy to make and packed with flavor, making it a popular choice for potlucks, family gatherings, or a simple weeknight dinner.
Whether you’re new to cooking or an experienced chef, this recipe is sure to impress everyone at the table. With this corn casserole, we’ve taken a classic comfort food and elevated it with some flavorful additions, so you won’t regret making it.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You only need simple ingredients and most of them are pantry staples so you may not need to spend money at the store.
- It’s a great way to mix things up and create something delicious.
- This simple side dish is perfect for potlucks and so much more.
You only need a handful of ingredients to help you make this cornbread casserole recipe. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store and you will have a hearty meal or side dish that your entire family will enjoy.
- cream cheese
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- canned creamed corn
- can corn, undrained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked bacon
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Loaded Cornbread Casserole
Step 1: Preheat the oven and melt the cream cheese and butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl put your butter and cream cheese together. Microwave in 30-second intervals until all melted and smooth. Whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Step 2: Add the remaining ingredients
Using a wooden spoon stir in the cornbread mix, the can of creamed corn, the undrained can of corn, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, the bacon, and scallions. You can reserve a few scallions and bacon for the top if you like. Top with the remaining cheese.
Step 3: Bake the casserole
Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Top with more scallions and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – For a spicy kick add some diced jalapeno to your corn filling.
- Cheese – Use your favorite shredded cheese in place of cheddar. Mexican blend or Monterey jack would work just as well.
- Garnishes – Garnish with sliced green onions, sour cream, or a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Are you looking for another corn casserole recipe? If so, check out this Jalapeno Corn Casserole recipe.
Here is a list of the equipment that you will need to make this delicious corn casserole recipe:
- large bowl
- whisk or wooden spoon
- casserole dish
Store leftover corn casserole in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge overnight.
This cheesy corn casserole pairs so well with just about any meal. Some of our favorites to serve it with are Honey Pineapple Glazed Ham, Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork Loin, and Slow Cooker Mississippi Ribs.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this corn casserole turns out perfectly for you when you make it.
- Stir the butter and cream cheese between the intervals so that it becomes smooth.
- I don’t recommend that you use frozen corn, because you need the juice from the canned corn for this recipe.
- You can tell this casserole is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This dish can be reheated in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until warm. Or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
It takes about 45 minutes to make this easy side dish recipe.
🍽 More Corn Recipes
Do you enjoy corn? If so, try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this loaded cornbread casserole recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Loaded Cornbread Casserole
- large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Baking dish
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 17 ounces Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 14.75 ounces creamed corn
- 15 ounces corn undrained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ¼ cup scallions chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl put your butter and cream cheese together.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals until all melted and smooth.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon stir in the cornbread mix, the can of creamed corn, the undrained can of corn, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, the bacon and scallions. You can reserve a few scallions and bacon for the top if you like.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Top with more scallions and serve!