This Chocolate Cheesecake Dip with Cherries is full of rich, sweet, and tangy chocolate cheesecake flavor along with an extra blast of sweetness from cherry pie filling. It’s as decadent as it is easy to make.
When it comes to desserts for a crowd, we’re all about cheesecake dip. It’s rich, decadent, and ridiculously easy to make. That means we look like heroes, but we have to do minimal work. You can’t beat that!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
- It’s ready in just about 30 minutes.
- It’s full of tangy and sweet chocolate cheesecake and cherry flavor.
You just need a few simple ingredients that you can snag at your local grocery store to make this recipe. There’s nothing fancy here. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Softened cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Cherry pie filling
- White chocolate
🔪 How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake Dip with Cherries
This recipe comes together in a flash and then chills for just 20 minutes. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in about half an hour.
Step 1: Combine the Cream Cheese and Sugar
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
Step 2: Add the Pudding
Add the chocolate pudding mix, vanilla extract, and milk to the mixture and beat again. Spread into a pie pan.
Step 3: Top with Cherry Pie Filling
Spread the cherry pie filling evenly over the chocolate cheesecake mixture. Then, shave curls of white chocolate all over the top of the dip using a vegetable peeler.
Step 4: Chill
Chill for at least 20 minutes. Then, serve with cookies, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cheesecake Flavors – Use different puddings to make different flavored cheesecake dip.
- Cherry Pie Filling – Use your favorite pie filling in conjunction with your favorite pudding mix to change things up.
- White Chocolate – Use whipped cream instead of white chocolate for topping.
If this dip is calling your name, then check out our Oreo Cheesecake Dip.
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Vegetable peeler
- Mixing bowl
- Pie plate
Store this chocolate cheesecake dip in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. Do not freeze it.
- A hand mixer is your best bet for this recipe. It allows you to really combine everything well.
- This dip is ready to go in 20 minutes, but it’s even better when chilled for a few hours or overnight.
- Be SURE you use instant pudding. Regular pudding will not nset.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Instant pudding thickens without cooking because it uses a dried instant starch that readily absorbs liquid. When the milk hits it, it expands and thickens the pudding.
If you accidentally used cook-and-serve pudding, your dip will be thin because the pudding won’t thicken.
It’s a cream cheese-based dip that mimics the flavor of cheesecake.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy dips? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Chocolate Cheesecake Dip with Cherries
- Mixing Bowl
- pie plate
- Vegetable peeler
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3.9 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Bar of white chocolate for garnish
- Graham crackers and vanilla wafers for dipping
- To a medium bowl add the softened cream cheese and the brown sugar and white sugar and beat with the mixer until light and fluffy.
- Next add in the chocolate pudding mix, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat again until everything is combined.
- Spread the dip into a pie pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the top.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel curls off the white chocolate bar for the top of the dip.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.