Easy Garlic Butter Spread Recipe
Easily transform butter into garlic butter with this super Easy Garlic Butter Spread recipe. So much better than store bought!
Homemade Garlic Butter Spread is so easy to make. It can be used is so many ways. Not just on garlic bread. Use it on vegetables, steaks, as a spread on your breads or as we like to use it, for making grilled cheeses. Seriously it is so versatile.
We have found so many uses for this. It stated out as a spread for making garlic bread and evolved into so much more!
Don’t you love when a recipe especially an easy one turns out to be a favorite?
This Easy Garlic Butter Spread also freezes well too. so if you don’t use it all freeze small packages to flavor your veggies or to make garlic bread. You will need to start with softened butter to make this recipe.
Since the weather is warm my butter was soft in just a couple of hours. If you forget to do this DO NOT microwave it and melt the butter! You don’t want to melt the butter. Just let it set out and soften up on it’s own. Unless of course you want to melt it then put it back in the fridge to harden up some. I would just let it set out.
We make many different butters. This one is a easy garlic butter that can be thrown together in minutes. It just uses minced up garlic and dried herbs. We mince the garlic pretty small for this recipe since we use it as a spread. Not like we do in our Garlic Herb Steak Butter. Here we smash the garlic and leave it in larger chunks.
Normally we use fresh but this recipes came about one night when we were making a grilled cheese and this butter adds so much flavor to grilled cheese sandwiches. Just a little smear will do ya! Adjust the herbs as you like them. Taste as you go along.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Dill Pickle Dip
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
Chicken Fajita Dip
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
Homemade Pimento Cheese
Easy Garlic Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (optional add more if you like)
- sea salt to tast
- Let butter soften by leaving it out on the counter to come to room temp.
- Once butter is softened mix l minced garlic,onion powder and parsley and sea salt if using.
- Once butter is mixed store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Then let it sit out for a bit to soften up so it spreads easily.
- Then let it sit out for a bit to soften up so it spreads easily.
- Slather this on french bread for garlic bread along with some shredded cheese for a nice cheesy garlic bread.
- Slather this on french bread for garlic bread along with some shredded cheese for a nice cheese garlic bread.
- Also delicious on grilled meats such a steaks and chicken , pork and even fish!
I always add some dried Italian herbs and paprika. The paprika helps make it look golden when done! Dianne
Great idea Dianne!! And TY